Wednesday, July 13, 2011

European Chronicles June 20, 2011

It's the night before our departure. If all goes as planned, we will fly away in about twenty hours. I can't believe this is all happening so soon. It seems like this trip has been so long in the making, and suddenly it's here. We have planned and stressed and skyped and called and booked and shopped and packed. I utter this last word with a bit of disgust because I loathe packing! I know loathe is a strong word, but honestly, it may not be strong enough for what I feel. I did whatever possible to avoid it and put it off. But, alas, (with the exception of a few last minute items) I am packed, and relieved....

Am I excited? Yes. But not as excited as I thought I'd be at this point. I'm not quite sure why this is--perhaps because there is still a car ride, airport security and waiting, and a LONG flight ahead of me. I'm pretty sure I'll be more excited (probably jumping up and down and dying bug dance excited) when I get to the airport in London and prepare to board the flight to Budapest.

What am I looking forward to? Seeing my dad, of course--it's been about a year and a half since I've seen him. Weird! I know we'll have some good memory making time together in Hungary and Prague. I'm looking forward to watching Sam experience Europe for the first time (unforgettable!). I'm looking forward to seeing new sights, meeting new people, and experiencing history. I'm looking forward to seeing Nicole and Nathan and all the amazing laughs and memories we will have. I'm looking forward to some proper Nicole hugs--I've missed them SO much! I'm looking forward to learning more about God and seeing His hand in my life each and every day I'm away.

Other random thoughts before I leave: I have had an amazing summer already and I haven't even been to Europe yet! I'd like to make a shout out to my wonderful friends who have made this epicness possible (and there better be more epic moments to come when I get back). I'd like to thank all my family and friends for supporting me and praying for Sam and me as we travel. I'd like to thank Nathan and Nicole and my dad for taking us in during this trip. I'd also like to make an extra special shout out to my cousin Jeff (FC) for calling me this morning and praying with me before I leave. I am blessed, people, and I thank God for all of you and this amazing experience awaiting me.

I'm not sure how much time Sam and I will have on the internet when we are over there--we'll be busy having fun, you know? But, I'll try to keep you all updated on our adventures. Have a great three weeks states-side and I'll see you all on the flip side!

No comments: