Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tuesday Tidings

Today began with the usual morning worship, prayer, and devotion. I shared a bit about forgiveness--as much for myself as for anyone else. I won't share my entire devotion here, but the point that most of us need to be reminded of often is that Christ died for us while we were still sinners. We didn't apologize first. We didn't repent and fall on our faces in front of Him. He died while we were still sinning, knowing full well that we would CONTINUE to sin against Him. God commands us to do the same--forgive others, regardless of whether or not they are repentant (or even aware of how they've hurt us), knowing full well that we'll probably be hurt again (and again!). Forgiveness isn't just a one time event, it is also a process--one that is only possible with the grace of God.

This morning we went to Tei, and I was quite excited to see the little ones. To say they were also excited is a bit of an understatement. Let's just say that Bailey, Marc, and I became human jungle gyms. No joke. Dr. Perry, I'm pretty sure the kids helped make my neck curvature more pronounced. Despite the head butts and thrashing, hearing those giggles and feelings those arms around me was basically pure joy. We taught the story of Noah and the Ark and God's promises, did a craft, and played some games. Toward the end, I was working on a puzzle with sweet Bianca, and Florina taught her to say, "Bravo Amy" after I put every piece in, although it came out more like, "Bavo Ah-me!" Be still my heart. I'm pretty jazzed that I could say "see you later" to those kiddos today and not "goodbye" quite yet.

This afternoon the same kids from yesterday came to the ministry center, and it was great to see them again. We, of course, played a few rousing rounds of Dutch Blitz. Brian Murphy, I'm getting rusty. We need to practice when I get home!! Daniel taught a great lesson about sin and its effects on all of us and the world. We played a few games, sang with Ana, and ended with more Blitz. I did manage to win a few rounds with the help of a partner, but I seriously need some more practice. #forshame

After a bit of basketball and bidding everyone farewell, Baily and I headed home. We creatively made dinner, watched a bit more Brian Regan, and topped off the evening with some Joes--perfect way to end a great, exhausting day.

Tomorrow we'll do a bit of planning and go to Chitila. I'm quite excited to see the girls and share a bit about life's storms and God's promises with them. Please be praying for our time there tomorrow!!

Thanks so much to all of you who have been praying! Please don't stop!

No comments: