Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When it Rains...

...it pours (or so they say--who are "they" actually? Anyone know?).


I am not a fan of your typical everyday normal rain. I could never live in the northwest ("they" also say that I should never say never). Revision: I would never CHOOSE to live in the northwest (better?).

I am, however, a HUGE fan of crazy lightening and thunder storms. The brighter the sky, the louder the boom, the heavier the rain, the better.


Whenever I see ominous clouds, I pray that God will make the coming storm worthwhile and not waste my time (who do I think I am?) with piddling rain that simply gets in the way. Unfortunately, this rarely ever happens in Bakersfield....

Except now. God said "sure thing" this time.

And during a huge, crazy, beloved storm, do I want it to end? Of course not. I want to enjoy every moment, see every unique crack of lightening, experience every crash of thunder, take in every pounding rain drop....

But do I feel the same during crazy storms in my own life? Honestly? No.

Fortunately, I have a very wise and caring pastor, and his prayer last week truly hit a heart string. He didn't ask for the storm to leave. He asked God to teach me every lesson He had for me during this time....

So, I will do my best to embrace this crazy storm as well--clinging to my Jesus, growing and changing as He wills, gratefully walking through each day, and (prayerfully) not missing out on any lessons along the way.







No comments: