Friday, February 26, 2016

Romania Times Ten

Yes, you read that correctly. I'm heading back to Romania for my tenth trip. I am amazed and humbled that God placed this amazing country on my heart fourteen years ago and continues to allow me to go serve his children there.

The plan is a bit different this year. Lord willing, I'll be in Romania for about three weeks this coming June serving alongside the Romanian Children to Love staff. Since I have led teams for the past few years, I am really looking forward to the opportunity to reconnect with the children and staff without the worry or concern of leading or caring for a team.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE leading teams. It is my heart's desire to take people to Romania and show them the great need AND the amazing work God is doing there. I know that God has allowed me the privilege of doing just that in the past, and I am beyond grateful for that.  I'm also looking forward to taking many more teams in the future; but for now, God is sending me solo.

Well, not really "solo"...I'm well aware that I cannot possibly do this alone. It is through the power of the Holy Spirit, tons of prayer, and people like YOU that make trips like this possible. God calls ALL of us to fulfill the great commission. Some go. Some pray. Some send.

I would ask first and foremost for PRAYER. The Romania children and staff don't need ME. They need Jesus; so, I'd ask that you pray for me to be filled with the Spirit, sensitive and obedient, so that Christ may work through me. Please start praying now as the details of the trip are worked out and continue your prayers as I travel, serve, and return home.

I also ask that you prayerfully consider becoming part of my financial support team. I will need to raise upwards of $3,000 to cover the cost of travel, lodging, food, ministry supplies, health insurance, translators, etc. All financial gifts are tax deductible. You can either write a check to CHILDREN TO LOVE and write Amy Erickson/Romania on the memo line and mail it to Children to Love International ~ PO Box 9575~ Bakersfield, CA 93389 or you can give online by following these simple steps:

1. Go to www.childrentolove.org
2. Click on "give"
3. Click on "give to send a team member or intern on a missions trip"
4. Designate "Amy Erickson" in the box provided
5. Select your amount and complete the rest of the form

CTL will send you a receipt for your donation.

I can't even tell you how excited I am to go back and reconnect with these precious ones that I've watched grow up before my eyes. I want to tell them once again that they matter, that they are valuable, that they are beautiful, and that they are LOVED!



Thank you for your consideration in joining my team and touching and changing the lives of children and the staff in Romania! I look forward to updating you here on "our" adventures along the way!

No comments: