(You can read about last year's top 13 HERE!)
So, I give you... the top 14 of 2014!
1. Green Smoothies --Mom and I started drinking green smoothies for breakfast on January 1, 2014, and haven't looked back. I love them! My body seems to function much better after drinking a green smoothie than it does with any other "normal" breakfast food, so I'll stick with it!
Read more about our smoothies HERE!
2. Lady Antebellum-- I am actually not much of a concert person, but Mom and I decided to go see Lady Antebellum last year, and I was NOT disappointed. It was a blast! They put on an amazing show, and I loved singing along at the top of my lungs all night.
Read more about the show HERE!
3. UCLA Gymnastics-- The madre, some family, and I got to go to a UCLA gymnastics meet this year. For those who know me, you know I'm weirdly obsessed with gymnastics, and I have always loved UCLA. I had a blast!
Read more about the meet HERE!
Read more about our trip beginning HERE!
5. NEW YORK--I got to go back to NYC with my madre, our friend Debbie, and her daughter and grand baby this past summer. IT. WAS. AWESOME. I can't ever get enough of NY (well, unless I lived there--and I pretty much don't ever want to do that).
6. Washington DC-- After NYC, we traveled to DC and had a BLAST (another place that I seriously love). I got to see quite a few East Coast friends and have some amazing adventures!
7. Best in Chow-- While in DC, we got to be a part of the foodie show, Best in Chow. Talk about awesome! It was an episode about donuts--does it get any better, folks?!
8. Yosemite--My mama's parents took us to Yosemite last July, and we had a great time all together. It was gorgeous, and I got to ride a horse. Enough said.
9. I Said Goodbye (for Now) to My Grandma--My dear grandma went home to be with Jesus last July. I miss her like crazy, but I'm confident that I will see her again one day, and I know that she is up in Heaven, out of pain, praising Jesus every moment.
Read more about her HERE.
10. Taylor Kiddos Camp Bako-- My cousin Laura's three kids came to spend a long weekend in Bakersfield this past summer. We had an awesome time together. We swam, ate, went to a Blaze game, did the weather with Aaron Perlman on TV, went to John's Incredible Pizza, visited the radio station, swam, ate, went to church, swam, ate, went to see some awesome farm animals, and swam and ate some more. We were all exhausted by the end of the weekend!
11. Ashley's Wedding--I got to be a part of one of my dearest friend's weddings this summer. She was an absolutely gorgeous bride, and we had such a fun weekend together on the Central Coast.
12. DISNEYLAND-- Our good friend, Hannah, wanted to go to Disneyland for her birthday, so of course we said "heck yes!" We stayed and played for two whole days at both parks. We did it all, ate it all, selfied it all, and loved every minute of it.
13. CRPS Crushers 5K-- For the second year in a row, I participated in the Quench the Fire 5k to support the USC Pain Center and CRPS/RSD Research. This year, however, our team was much larger--woo hoo! My goal was to beat my time from last year....and I did it! Once again, it was a blast! I can't wait until next year!
14. Birthday Surprises--I sure was spoiled on my birthday this year. My room was "decorated," my kiddos brought me sweet presents, and my mama threw me an awesome surprise party!
Read all about that HERE!
As you can see, 2014 certainly was one to remember. I can't wait to see all that God has in store for me (and all of you!) in the upcoming year! Cheers!