Wednesday, July 13, 2011

European Chronicles July 1, 2011

It's July 1st?!? WHAT? Guess what I wore today? Jeans and a jacket. Yup. English weather welcomed me with open arms. Thanks. 

Well, when I got dressed that is... Sam and I didn't roll out of bed until about 11. Yup. And when I finally sat up out of bed, she pushed me back down. I almost gave in and fell back asleep, but I gathered my might and got up. Sam got herself ready while I checked the FB and wrote a new note (yup, didn't get to it last night--sorry folks). When Sam was ready, I passed the computer onto her and got myself ready-ish. 

Nicole was away at various appointments (she's so important), and Nathan was doing school work, so we were left to enjoy the barn (which has walls older than the United States according to Nathan) by ourselves. What shall we do, we thought? Movie? Nicole and Nathan have quite the extensive VHS collection (don't adjust your glasses, you read that right--VHS), and they even have one of those old contraptions called a VCR. We popped in Hook, sat back on the couch (our bed which we made a few minutes before that) and started to enjoy the movie. Just when it was beginning to get good....the screen....went....black. WHAT?!? We killed Nathan's precious VCR? Uh oh! I took the tape out and blew on it (Nintendo game style), but to no avail. It didn't work. We tried a few more movies, but they didn't work either...sad...

I read for a few minutes until Nicole came home. We spent some time chatting (which was quite delightful because Nicole is quite witty and cool and pretty and what else did you want me to say about you Nicole?) before we went for a stroll on the town. We got some dinero and looked at Nicole's favorite boutique-y store. There was a card there that said "BLANK INSIDE" on the outside. I thought of you, Jennifer Manser! 

Then we went and wandered around the cathedral and crashed a graduation. We walked the halls where part of Harry Potter was filmed--not a big deal to me, but I'm sure some of you people would enjoy it. :) Needless to say, it was (is) beautiful! We set out to meet Nathan on a bridge....but he took a bit longer in the library than he first hypothesized, so we met him at a pub for some proper fish and chips. Although a bee was trying to attack us and our food for the majority of the time, it was quite enjoyable. 

We headed back home after that and Nathan fanagled with the VCR (and prayed), and he fixed it! Amazing. So, what else was there to do but finish Hook? Oh the childhood memories...

Nicole joined me on the couch after that and enlightened me on the wonderful world of Pinterest. So cool! Look it up so I don't have to explain it all on here. We saw some awesome pictures (and somehow) stumbled upon a "Child of the 80's" board. Hilarious! Nicole and I had much the same reactions to what we saw."Ahh, I remember that!" or  "Wasn't allowed to watch that..."  Some favorites? Skip it, folded notes (what we did before texting), Easy Bake Oven, Punky Brewster, the TGIF and Disney afternoon lineup--look it up for more goodies! 

Now here I sit compiling my note while Nicole enjoys a Dewar's chew and Sam falls asleep on the couch. It's FINALLY dark outside and it's almost 2300. Tomorrow it's on to Scotland for the day. I'm sure I'll have more adventures to come!

No comments: