And today I present to you…. The Top 13 of 2013 (in chronological order)!
1. I got bangs! I've never been a fan of changing my hair, but I decided to do something drastic (for me) this past year, and I got bangs! Check out the post HERE!
2. Brother and Polly got MARRIED! They had an AWESOME celebration in March of this past year. To read more about it, click HERE!
3. I found a new (awesome) doctor at USC Medical Center. I was FINISHED with the doctors in town, so I did some research and found a great doctor at USC. Read about that HERE!
4. Mom and I were on the KATIE COURIC show! Well, we were in the audience, but they showed us on TV! It was AMAZING. Check it out HERE and HERE!
5. I wrote my first ever blog series (if you'd even call it that) on singleness. It began with a letter to "The Church" from the perspective of a single person, and it continued on through How to Deal series. Click on the following links to check them out:
6. I FLEW a helicopter! Yes, I flew a helicopter, and it was difficult, but AWESOME! Check out the post HERE!
7. I led a team to Romania! As you probably know, this wasn't my first Romanian rodeo, but it was the first time I LED a team. It was challenging and awesome and heart breaking and full of joy all at the same time. I wrote a post each day we were gone. For the first post, click HERE. If you're interested in the rest of the trip, just use the options on the right hand side and click on June of 2013.
8. I moved classrooms (again!). I'm now a proud resident of portable alley at Warren. I've been wanting to move to a portable for quite some time, and this past summer I was finally able to. I LOVE being out with my buddies and having my own four walls. I also have a pretty awesome view out of my back window. Love! Check out the post HERE!
9. I fed a giraffe! In July, my mom's parents took us on a family vacation to San Diego. We had a blast and got to do all kinds of fun things, but a highlight was definitely going on a special safari at the Wild Animal Park and actually feeding giraffes. Read more about it HERE!
10. I served on my first jury. Now, I wouldn't say this was one of my favorite parts of 2013, but it definitely was one of the most impactful. It was heart wrenching and a bit scary. It was frustrating. It was challenging. It was empowering. To read more about it, click HERE.
11. Mama turned #0 and we had an AWESOME celebration weekend. Scott, Polly, Mama, and I ate fresh seafood on the pier, played games in an arcade, visited the spaceship at the CA Science Center, ate Peruvian food, created "masterpieces" at a Paint and Pour party, and made some great memories together. Check out pictures and more details HERE!
12. Nicole and Nathan moved back from England and Mikey was born! It has been so great being able to spend time with Nathan and Nicole while they're here for a short bit (before moving to Miami), and their little miracle baby Mikey was born in November in Bakersfield. I've loved every little minute I've gotten to spend with this precious baby. To read about the miracle of Nicole finding out she was pregnant, click here!
13. I did a 5k!! This, my friends, is kind of a big deal. :) To read about it and see all of the pictures, click HERE!
2013 was definitely a year to remember, but here's looking forward to a new year, new possibilities, and new memories!