Friday, February 8, 2013

Bang...Bang...Bang...

...or so my students have been chanting for about a week and a half. 

They think they're so darn clever! :)

I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to get my hair cut--for real, not just a trim like I've done...well...basically my entire life. The only time I've ever let anyone near my hair was when Janelle did this to me in Romania (don't worry, it was wash-out dye):


I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I didn't seen to care as much when I was over there. Prior to that, and since then, my hair has been long, blond, and untouched--with the exception of a few trims here and there.

So, when I decided to bite the bullet and go for a new hairdo, I settled on the Carrie Underwood look long layers, and side swiped bangs.

I was quite nervous. I hadn't had bangs since 5th grade when my brother came home from school and told me they weren't cool anymore (no joke). I wasn't sure I could handle them.

But, I put on my big-girl panties and decided to go for it. I really enjoyed the hair-washing part, but I had to hold in my gasps and grimaces as she started chopping away. Ridiculous, I know. I trusted her, but it was still unnerving.

As soon as she cut the long bangs, I knew they were going to drive me crazy! I couldn't imagine trying to constantly keep them out of my face. So, I told her to keep on going...

...the end result? More of a T-Swift look than a Carrie do, but I loved it. Who knew?

Here is a before and after (although the "before" is not the best shot):



And, of course, my kids made a HUGE deal about it (like they do with most things). I'm not sure what was more shocking--me in a cast on the first day of school or me showing up with bangs. They still like to chant "bang, bang, bang" when they see me in the halls. Charming, huh? 

No comments: