1. Scotty and Polly got engaged! I am so excited to welcome Polly into our family. I couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law. March 9th is just around the corner! Read about their engagement here!
2. Hot air balloon ride in Temecula. Mama and I got to take a hot air balloon ride for her birthday. It was incredible. Read about it and see the pictures here!
3. Segs on the beach! The same weekend of the hot air balloon adventure, Mama and I got to ride segways on the beach in Huntington. AWESOME! Read about that craziness here!
4. Romania. I got to go back after six years; I met some of the most incredible people; I grew very close to those people in a very short time (read about them here!); and I got to love on and experience some of the most precious children that God has placed on this earth. Here is a poem that I wrote after my return.
5. Washington D.C.--how can I even put this trip into words? I absolutely loved it--the history, the beauty, the people, the cupcakes. You can read about about my DC adventures HERE, HERE, and HERE!!!!
6. New York--be still my heart. At first, I wasn't a fan of NY (mainly because I loved DC so much), but it grew on me, and I LOVED it. How can you not love staying in the heart of Times Square, seeing four amazing shows, sightseeing for days, and incredible food? Yes, please. Read more about those adventures HERE and HERE!
7. The OLYMPICS!!!! I'm obsessed. Seriously. You can read about my obsession here. I LOVED every minute of it. And yes, I watched just about every minute of it. That's what happens when you're stuck on the couch after foot surgery. The women's gymnasts did a phenomenal job. LOVE! I'm just bummed I have to wait four more years for the next round of summer games.
8. Moving to 8th Grade! I taught 7th and 8th grade at Thompson, and I LOVED 8th grade. I was a bit bummed to be moved to Warren with only 7th graders. BUT, this year I got to move up to 8th grade, and it has been AWESOME. I love the curriculum, I love the "maturity" (in comparison to 7th grade) of the kids, and I absolutely adore the ladies I work with. It's been a great move.
9. Winning tickets to the CIRCUS! I had always wanted to go to the circus. I never went as a child, and each year it's come into town as an adult I have put my fake whiny voice on and begged my Mommy to take me. It never happened. UNTIL, I WON tickets to the circus. Seriously, I had never won anything in my life. I was SHOCKED! I still wasn't walking, so I wheeled myself into the handicap area and enjoyed myself some circus. It was AWESOME. Read more about it here!
10. Walking again. If you've been following the blog at all, you've read about my adventures in not walking, thinking I may not walk again, and then learning how to walk again. Praise the Lord! It hasn't been an easy process, but He's brought me SO far! Read about the start of my walking again here.
11. Spending time with James and Faith. My two college roommates, who happen to also be the dearest of friends, both had babies in 2012. I can't even describe how proud I am of them and how much I love their precious babies (and them of course).
12. Winning Disneyland tickets/Burfday Extravaganza! Remember how I said I never won anything? Apparently this year changed all that. I also won Dland tickets! Talk about being SHOCKED! So, we went for my birthday weekend. It was AMAZING. My mama also surprised me on my actual birthday by inviting the Gruebers to have birthday dinner with us. It was super special. Read all about that weekend here!
So, 2012 certainly was a memorable year. Here's to hoping 2013 will be as well!