Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Walking and Tumbling.

Now, let's not get carried away... I'm "walking," definitely not tumbling, but we got to see a lot of tumbling this weekend. Let's start with the walking.  If you need a bit of an update, click here.

Just last Thursday, the idea of walking absolutely petrified me. I couldn't wrap my brain around it. I couldn't quite figure it out. I was freaked.

I decided to take the walker to school on Friday and out of town this weekend. I used it as much as I could (definitely not into Staples Center, but in and out of restaurants and around the classroom, house, and hotel room).

It's definitely not easy, it takes forever to get anywhere, but my foot responds SO well to it--the color and swelling calm down whenever I walk. Jess (my PT) is a true genius. It's so encouraging to see some progress. Prior to last Thursday, I was getting quite discouraged. Now that I can see a positive response, I'm definitely more willing to push myself (and the girls at PT certainly love to push me). My hands, ankle, and foot definitely hurt, but that's a small price to pay to "walk." Yesterday and today I only used my scooter in the morning and back and forth to the office. Today I even "walked" to the library with one class. I still haven't quite figured out how to get around without the use of my hands, but my mom and the kids have been helpful.

I guess it can only get better from here, right?

Ok, enough walk talk--onto the tumbling.

On Saturday, my mom and I went to see the tour of Gymnastics Champions at the Staple Center. It. Was. Awesome!

 The men, of course, were AMAZING.

 They had far too much fun doing their "tricks."

 The US Women's gold medal soccer team was there to watch the show as well!

 LOVE.

 This was probably my favorite part.

LOVE these girls--especially the one on the bottom right, Alica Sacramone--favorite!!!

Here is part of Aly Raisman's gold medal winning floor routine. Love her!

Here are the guys having far too much fun on the Olympic rings. Enjoy!


I can't say that I'll be tumbling--EVER--but I'm confident that I'll walk normally again. 

Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement. Thanks, Jess, for your knowledge and willingness to push me. Thank you, God, for your continued healing and strength.  



No comments: