Friday, September 7, 2012

Thank You God for My Jessicas....

I have this AWESOME five year question and answer journal--yup, I'll be writing in this sucker for five years. I LOVE it! Check it out:

You can "look inside" or purchase your own HERE!


A few days ago, the question was: Where have you found evidence of a higher power? 

Now, I could have answered this question in a million different ways, but I usually go with the first thing that pops into my head. 

What popped in first this time? My Jessicas. :) So, I thought I'd tell you a bit more about them... Enjoy. 

(In the order I met each one...)

Jess (the angel): I have so many sweet memories with this special Jessica--youth group, church trips, Hume Lake, Mexico (building a house together, getting sick together, singing "Goodbye Earl" and every annoying commercial jingle we could think of together), high school drama (theater), carpooling (more like her driving in her cool car) and stopping for frozen cokes at Brookside, sitting in the gym while we did "PE..." I could go on and on. I adored her. I looked up to her. She loved so well. She taught me more about Christ and His love. God worked through her in unbelievable ways. He had a plan for her life, even though it seemed far too short to us. Heaven became so much more real to me after she went to live with her Savior. I never knew I could miss someone so much. I never knew how much it could hurt. Even after she was gone, she taught me about God and love and grief and friendship and healing. I'll love you forever, Jess. I'll never forget you. 


Jessie (the crazy inagoodway one): I gave her the name Jessie thankyouverymuch, and it has stuck ever since. I honestly can't remember how we met, but I'm pretty sure I liked her immediately. She is one that can always bring a smile to my face. I feel comfortable and confident with her. She helps bring me out of my comfort zone. She was also my room/bed mate in Romania one year, and I believe she had a large part in making my hair turn short and orange. Thanks Jessie! ;)

Yes, that's me in the back with orange hair. Jessie is the one in the white shirt in front of me. 

Jessica (the student): This little dear was in my kindergarten class during my first round of student teaching. She immediately captured my heart. We had a special bond (even though you're not supposed to pick favorites). As crazy as it is, she put me at ease, and she helped me feel confident. Her face is forever burned in my mind. I so badly wish I knew how she was doing these days...


Jessita (the bf/roommate/sister I never had): This one definitely knows me better than I know myself. That takes some talent. I believe the day she moved into our apartment in college we babysat together. Shortly after that we went kayaking and she hit me in the face. It was love from that moment on. She understands me better than almost anyone. Movie, TV, and Brian Regan quotes quickly became our mode of conversation. Smart @$$ remarks and insults were our love language--much to the confusion of our last roommate who couldn't quite understand sarcasm. We'd lay on the floor of my room and watch cheesy TV or Little Women. We'd eat Deli News and roam Target. It really didn't matter what we were doing; we just enjoyed being together. I hated the day I had to move back to Bakersfield and say goodbye to her. She soon married and now has an absolutely beautiful baby boy (and it kills me that I can't hop in my car and drive down there to meet him!). Our lives are quite different now, but she'll forever be a huge part of my heart. As far away as she is, she still "gets" me in ways that I don't "get" myself. I'll always treasure my Poopface. :) 

Yup, this about sums it up. 


Jess (the PT): I have mentioned this Jess in a few of my previous posts. I first met Jessica two years ago after my first foot surgery. Not only is she an incredible PT, but she's also an amazing person. She puts me at ease, she makes me laugh, and she can always bring a smile to my face. I loved learning how to walk again after my last surgery, but I was actually extremely sad to leave PT. It becomes such a huge part of your life when you spend 3-4 hours there every week. The silver lining going into this foot surgery? Going back to Jess. Never in a million years did I imagine I'd be going back under these circumstances; but, I knew that if anyone could take care of me, Jess could. She goes above and beyond what is required. She has incredible knowledge and patience and compassion. She comforts me and gives me confidence. As much as I've struggled with this foot, and as much as it hurts to work it every day, I can do so with a smile on my face and joy in my heart. Jess loves the Lord and it shines through in her work. I know she will do everything she can to make me well again. Thanks, Jess! 


As you can see, God has placed some pretty incredible Jessicas into my life. I have been blessed in many ways by each and every one of them. 

Thanks, God! And, thanks to my Jessicas. I love you all! 

No comments: