Saturday, September 22, 2012

From Hot Mess to Humbleness


On Thursday, I was a hot mess. You  can read more about it here if you'd like. I was a bit anxious going into work on Friday--not knowing how my body would handle it.

I limited my walking. I didn't drink a lot of water so that I wouldn't have to go all the way to the office to use the restroom.

"My plan" was working out alright, but I was still frustrated--especially when I'd look out my window and see my coworkers and the kids walking freely down the hall.

Ok, Lord, today is a bit better than yesterday, but HOW LONG? How long must I wait? How long must I do this?

I glanced over and saw Jesus Calling by Sarah Young sitting on my desk. I'm not going to lie, I was reluctant to pick it up....

But I did.  I opened to September 21st, and this is what Jesus spoke to my heart:





And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper. (1 Kings 19:12)

O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch. (Psalm 5:3)


Wait.

I'm not so great at waiting. Obviously.



Dear Lord,
Please grant me patience during this time. Please teach me all that you want me to learn. Help me to not be anxious, but to completely trust in You. Diminish my daunting doubt. Help me to lean on Your strength for every step I take. However long it takes, please heal me, Lord. I will wait with sweet expectancy, knowing that you are doing a work in and through me. Thank you, Father.

Amen

No comments: