Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just to Clarify...

Yesterday was a rough day.

I wrote this post to help me work through what I was feeling, to show that I'm not always strong, to show that I am human...

I could have gone to bed frustrated and upset, or I could have worked through my feelings. I'm pretty sure the latter approach is the healthier one.

We all have bad days, and it should be ok to talk about those as well as the good ones.

I did not write it as an outcry for attention or support--I'm certainly getting plenty of that. People have been amazing, and I've been so blessed.

And I also don't want anyone to get the wrong impression--I'm not giving up or slipping into depression. I will continue to fight. Some days (like yesterday) I just don't want to--but that doesn't mean I won't.

God's mercies are new every morning. 

A little sleep, a good cry, and a little perspective go a long way. Although I still don't feel great, I'm confident that today will be a better day.

On a good note--my foot has been on the floor for about 15 minutes and it's not completely swollen and dark purple yet. I guess we have to celebrate the small stuff. :)

Thanks for continuing to pray--through the good days and the bad....

No comments: