Saturday, June 1, 2013

One Year Ago Today...

...I left for Romania...

...the same day school ended. It was crazy. I was a slight wreck. I was anxious, excited, tired, unsure. I felt like I had a split personality. 

I hadn't met any of my team members (except one)--they were from all over the country. We'd never had a team meeting. I had no idea what to expect. Would they like me? Would we work well together? 

What would it be like going back to Romania after six years? Would it still capture my heart in the same way? Would I still be in love with the country and the people? 

I had no idea....

....but God knew. 

"Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."   ~Isaiah 41:10

God knew that he formed the perfect team at that moment to work perfectly together--to be broken and raw and real with each other--to serve alongside one another in a way that would honor Him. God knew that my heart was ready to go back, ready to fall in love with Romania all over again. God knew that I had nothing of myself to give, so that I could be full to overflowing with Him and His Spirit. God knew exactly what He was setting into motion...


...and God knew that I'd go back this summer, this time leading a team of my own--completely out of my comfort zone. 

In less than two weeks, I'll be back in this beloved country, ready to serve in whatever capacity God has for us. I'll be ready to open my heart and open my arms to love His children with His strength. I'm excited to reconnect with some of the amazing staff that I adore. I'm excited to spend time with some of the same kids I fell in love with last year. I'm excited to see Romania through the eyes of my team members who have never been there. 

I have no idea what God is going to do while we're there, but He knows. These days have been written in His book even before one of them comes to be. We'll go with open hearts and hands of hope.

Thanks so much to all of you who have supported us financially and through prayer. As we prepare to go, here are a few things you can be praying for:

* Health--specifically that Mom's knee and my foot will hold up on the long flight and while we're over there. 

* Unity--pray that our team will serve each other and the Romanian staff and children will one heart and purpose--the glory of Christ. 

* Pray that we'll be open to the Spirit's leading as we're interacting with the children and the staff (and as we travel). Pray that we'll be obedient to whatever God calls us to do. 

* Pray that God will work in mighty ways in the lives of the children, the staff, and our team. 

* Pray that I'll be able to reconnect with some of the same children I fell in love with last year. I want them to know how valuable they are to me and to Christ--that's why I continue to return to Romania. 






Thanks so much! This trip would not be possible without all of you. 

To my team from last year, I miss you all like crazy!




To my team from this year, I am SO excited to serve alongside all of you and see what God will do in and through us!


No comments: