To listen to the sermon, click here!
Brian spoke about pleading for growth, growing in grace, and growing in knowledge. In the last section, he described three ways in which we can grow in our knowledge of Christ (therefore growing in grace as well):
1. Read good books such as:
- The Holy Bible by God (we use the ESV version)
- Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem
- Holiness by J.C. Ryle
- Knowing God by J.I. Packer
- Slave: The Hidden Truth About Your Identity In Christ by John MacArthur
- Simple Church by Thomas Rainer & Eric Geiger
- Why We Love the Church by Kevin DeYoung & Ted Kluck
- King's Cross by Timothy Keller
- Humility by C.J Mahaney
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
2. Read good blogs: I have added links to three blogs that Brian suggested on the right hand side of my blog (under Favorite Blogs)--Al Mohler, Justin Taylor, and Tim Challies. Check them out!
3. Read the Bible: Google a Bible reading plan, get the YouVersion app on your iPhone, open the Word every day.
Brian compared growing in the Word with working out. Can you get in shape by going to the gym 10 minutes a year or perhaps even thirty minutes every Sunday? We all know that's ridiculous. Growing in Christ takes time and dedication.
One way to start is with these good reads. Enjoy!