I read this blog this morning, and thought it was definitely worth discussing on here.
Kate Elizabeth Conner speaks about 10 things she wants to tell teenage girls. Here is her list (copy and pasted from her blog):
Love that list! And to this ten, I'd like to add a few of my own...
11. Wearing a skimpy 2 piece bathing suit is no different than prancing around in your underwear in public--think about it. Would you want your father, brother, pastor, neighbor, teacher, etc. to see you lounging around in your underwear? No? Then don't think you can change the texture of the material and be fine wearing it to the beach or pool. It's not fair to the men in your life to put them in the position of having to constantly avoid looking at you and/or your friends.
12. Don't date until college or after (with a few exceptions being made for later high school years). What's the purpose of dating?? Marriage. Not sex. If sex is the purpose of dating, then you're offering your heart and soul freely on a platter to any man who comes near you--eventually you will have nothing left. It is not worth the pain and heartache and drama. The goal of dating should be MARRIAGE, so don't date until you're ready to think about marriage. Don't waste your precious heart and body before then. You are a treasure--find someone who will treasure you. Your body is a temple--treat it so and wait until marriage to have sex.
13. Don't move in with your boyfriend/fiancé. Statistics show that divorce rates are higher for those who have lived together before marriage as opposed to those who haven't.
14. If you ever find yourself pregnant before you're ready to have a baby, CAREFULLY consider all of your options. Adoption is a beautiful thing, whereas abortion can rip you apart physically, mentally, and emotionally for the rest of your life.
15. You can have fun without drinking. I know, SHOCKING!
I could probably go on and on...
BUT, I'd rather hear from you.
What would you add to this list?!?