Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Place I Long to Be...

I wrote a poem about a place so dear to my heart back in 2007...


There's a place I long to be
This side of Eternity
Where pain and tears are found
Mixed with joy abundantly

A place where little children are
Longing to be loved
Searching for some sort of hope
And the sweetness of human touch

A place with rich tradition
And hearts of hospitality
Where people reach out
And give so selflessly

A place where God's Kingdom
Is growing with each new day
As His servants go out
And learn to love in new ways

A place where I learned
How to serve and how to love
With a willing spirit
And strength from up above

There's a place I long to be
This side of eternity
Where I can help ease the pain, wipe the tears
And celebrate joy abundantly


...when I wrote this poem, I had no idea when I'd be able to return to this beloved place, but God knew...






READ ON:



April 3, 2012
Dear Family and Friends,

            As we all know, time sure does fly! I can hardly believe it, but it has been six years since I last served in Romania—a country that is, and forever will be, dear to my heart. My heart leaps with excitement to inform you that I again have the opportunity to travel to Romania with Children to Love International (CTL). I will serve and help meet the physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs of orphaned and abandoned children living in Romanian government orphanages and those at risk of entering them.

            Our trip is scheduled for June 1-12, 2012. During this time we will travel to Bucharest, Romania to help CTL share the gospel with 600 orphans and support and encourage the CTL national staff. Amazingly, the team will be led by Victor Popa, who grew up in an orphanage in Romania and was raised through CTL’s ministry. Today Victor serves on the Board of Directors for CTL in CA.  He is also pursuing his Masters of Business at Cal Baptist University in CA. God certainly works in incredible ways!

            As thrilled as I am to be able to serve God and the people of Romania this summer, I definitely cannot do it alone. I am asking you to prayerfully consider being a part of my support team. I will need you behind me in prayer and financial support to make this trip possible. I need to raise $2,800 to cover the costs of travel, lodging, food, housing, and health insurance. My deadline for raising this support is May 20thjust around the corner. I am asking you for a gift of your prayers and whatever amount of money you are able to share. I greatly appreciate your support in both areas (and of course, all of your financial gifts are tax deductible!).

            Please partner with me as I serve this country that is so near and dear to my heart. My prayer is that we can bring the gospel to more children like Victor—in hopes that hundreds and thousands of lives, in turn, will be touched and changed now and in the future. If you choose to be a part of my support team, please send a check to Children to Love or visit http://www.childrentolove.org to make a donation online (please designate “Amy Erickson’s trip to Romania” on your check or online). If you are unable to send financial support, but can partner with me in prayer, please email me and let me know.

Thank you for your consideration in joining my team and touching the lives of children and staff in Romania.

Amy Erickson
Children to Love
P.O. Box 9575
Bakersfield, CA 93389

No comments: