Day three of year three at my third school is now complete.
Here are some of my observations (in no particular order):
1. The Warren staff is pretty amazing, including Bella the dog. They have really been welcoming and helpful.
2. The technology in my room needs LOTS of TLC, or its own spot in the dumpster, but we're working on it--hopefully.
3. I forgot how much junior high kids make me laugh.
4. One of my dear students from two years ago is now at Warren and came into my room yesterday and today to say hi. I almost cried. I realized how much I truly miss all of my kiddos.
5. The Warren staff had a pinning ceremony today for the newbies and it was really sweet. The bestest librarian in the entire wide universe said a few words about me, and I was really touched. Love her.
6. It would be more convenient if Diane was at Warren, but we're still working together through email. PLC at it's finest!
7. I have a ninja in my class--today he caught a fly in between his thumb and forefinger. It was still moving around when he raised his hand to tell me about it.
8. One of my sweet girls told me today that I'm her favorite teacher. Let's hope she feels the same way in a few weeks.
10. I have a ton of kids (something I'm trying to get used to). One of my boys has to sit in the table in the front for lack of desks. He bumped his head on the cabinet yesterday and I asked him the typical questions: What's your name? What year is it? Who's the president? He seemed to be fine. Today he forgot a question he wanted to ask me, so I asked him if his concussion was acting up. I'm not sure he got it. ;)
Ok, time to hit the hay. Hope you enjoyed my observations thus far. I'm sure there will be more to come.