Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Bags are Packed....I'm Ready to Go...

...well, ready or not, here we go!

My clothes are picked out and my lunch is packed, what else is there to worry about? Oh, just the dozens of children that will walk through my door tomorrow and be under my care for an hour and a half each day for the next school year.

I could easily get freaked out and overwhelmed and super anxious (and I'm not saying that that won't happen--I'm sure it will), but right now I'm resting in the promise that God loves those children more than I can, and He'll care for them through me (I could never do it on my own).

I take comfort in the words that I read in Jesus Calling today (a devotional written by Sarah Young). This is actually the devotional for tomorrow, but I peeked ahead, and it's quite appropriate:

Trust me, and don't be afraid. I want you to view trials as exercises designed to develop your trust-muscles. You live in the midst of fierce spiritual battles, and fear is one of Satan's favorite weapons. When you start to feel afraid, affirm your trust in Me. Speak out loud, if circumstances permit. Resist the devil in My Name, and he will slink away from you. Refresh yourself in My holy Presence. Speak or sing praises to Me, and My Face will shine radiantly upon you. 


Remember that there is no condemnation for those who belong to Me. You have been judged NOT GUILTY for all eternity. Trust Me, and don't be afraid; for I am your Strength, Song, and Salvation. 


James 4:7; Romans 8:1-2; Isaiah 12:2 


(Click here to see more details about the book)

Thanks, Nicole, for introducing me to this amazing book. 

To all you teachers out there, remember that these are God's precious children that he is entrusting to you for a time. Content is really important, of course, but loving them is the most important thing we can do. Trust that God will never leave you nor forsake you, and have an amazing year!

No comments: