Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday and Trials

After quite a challenging evening, we met to begin another full day of ministry. Like I've mentioned before, the enemy is real, the Spiritual battle is real, and we know that Satan would like nothing more than to break us down. Little does he know that cracked jars of clay are able to show the most light. God is showing us over and over that His strength is made perfect in our weakness--and great are our weaknesses. 

Yet, God always provides. This morning it was in the form of some CTL staff members and dear friends who took me aside and encouraged me/laid into me. This evening His provision took the form of one of our teammates asking to pray over us, the leaders--I can't even tell you how much  that was needed. God also provided greatly in the form of encouraging letters from home for each of our team members. (Thank you, Auntie--your words were exactly what I needed this evening). 

Ok, rewind a bit--being that is was Tuesday, we got to go to Tei today (a center for little ones from extremely poor families). This is always one of my favorite places to go, so I was quite excited to go and see some of the dear little ones that I've fallen in love with over the last few years. On the way, the skies (and our stomachs) opened, so we had to stop for a moment and eat soft pretzels in the rain--so amazing! When we got to Tei, I was a bit disappointed because "my kids" weren't there. They were out for some reason, so we worked with the even younger ones. My disappointment didn't last long as the dear little ones clamored  to sit on my lap, be held, be tickled--simply be loved. And, about halfway through the morning, one of the little girls I've known and loved for the last few years came by the center after a doctor's appointment. Although I was quite sad that she wasn't well, I was incredibly happy to be able to see her. Please pray that sweet Bibi gets well soon!

As the team worked at Tei, Jamie and Brandon went back to the center for children with disabilities to work more with the physical therapist there and assess and meet some of the needs of the children. From what I hear from them, they had another amazing day there and are looking forward to going back more to work with these precious ones. 

When we got back to the office, some of the kids from the counseling center were already here. As I was looking at pictures on Nelu's computer, Florina came over, covered my eyes, and spun me around. As I opened my eyes, I saw Cristina, a girl that I fell completely in love with a few years ago. I couldn't grab her quickly enough, and I seriously did not want to let her go. I just kept giggling and squeezing the life out of her. I had much the same reaction when her little sister Gabi came in later.  Those girls are simply amazing. We all had a great time singing, sharing our lesson, and playing games. Fortunately, we'll get to see them all again tomorrow, so I'm quite excited about that! 


During the afternoon as we worked with these kiddos, Sara was able to go with Nelu to Ana's kindergarten graduation to take pictures. She's the oldest girl in the Home of Hope, and is the kid that Sara has been specifically praying for since our training. It was quite memorable for Sara, and I don't imagine Ana will soon forget about it either.   

After the kiddos left, we had dinner and met as a team. Now we're all getting ready for tomorrow and hopefully heading to bed early. Please keep praying for sleep, strength, and God's provision and direction. 


Thanks for all your support and encouragement thus far!

No comments: