Monday, April 15, 2013

The Reunion of An Era

May 2009, almost four years ago, marked the end of an era--I moved out of our Pathways apartment and moved back home to Bakersfield. It's hard to believe it has been that long. In a lot of ways, it seems like just yesterday.

That, my friends, is why I was absolutely giddy about going to Jacob's wedding this past weekend. I was beyond ecstatic to see dear friends from that precious era of my life--some of whom I haven't seen since I moved home. #nostalgic #sentimental

Christy and I arrived to the church a bit early, so we found our seats and walked around outside for a minute in search of the restroom. As we were walking out, we spotted Jake, Jeff, and Aaron. You would have thought I was a little girl at Christmastime. I. Was. So. Excited. to see them. (enter more giggling here).

Me: Jacob! You're getting MARRIED!

Jake: Yah. That's happening today. (goofy grin)

Same ole' Jake. It warmed my heart. He continued this throughout the ceremony--making silly faces, telling the static from the sound system to quiet down, and quieting the crowd as they cheered at the end so that he could finally kiss his bride. I pretty much loved every minute of it.

They were so incredibly happy... and everyone there was almost equally as happy for them.

LOVE those faces!!!




The reception was a blast. I loved the huge hugs, the warm hearts, and the great memories we made. 

I especially loved seeing my boys. Jeff and Aaron and I were close to inseparable for a time during college (Me and My Gang)--joined later by guys like Jake, Sam, Andrew, Zach, and some others.

Aaron 

Jeff and Andrew (terrible angle) 
I remember praying earnestly and desperately my freshman year of college for God to bring me some guy friends. Although I loved the girl friends I had made in the dorms, I so missed hanging out with guys as I had done all growing up. God answered in a huge way with these wonderful boys men. We shared crazy adventures, quiet afternoons, lots of laughter and tears, and made some amazing memories. I've missed them so much, and it was SO good to see them! Love my boys!


Jacob and Beautiful Bride, Nadia

I also had an amazing time laughing, dancing, photo boothing, and carrying on with my girls. They are some of the greatest women I have ever known. 

Loved seeing Jamie again! It's been too long!

Christina, Christy, Jamie, Erin, and me

Gotta love photo-boothing. We certainly made some memories in there!





Oh! And, let's not forget about the amazing couple. Here they are cutting the cake!

Absolutely gorgeous!


Jacob, good job on getting married so we could have this great reunion. To all of my college friends (those that were there and those that weren't), I miss you terribly. I am so grateful for the time that God gave us together, and I'm even more grateful for those relationships and friendships that God has allowed me to keep for now and hopefully for a lifetime. 




No comments: