Monday, July 30, 2012

Back to Work Willies

I went back to school today.

It was one of those butterfly/willies in your stomach kind of mornings.

I didn't want to do it. I had to do it. I have to make sure everything is ready. But, I knew once I started, my mind wouldn't stop. Horrible feeling.

Walking into my room was so overwhelming.

I walked in, saw this...


...and walked out. No joke. It was just too overwhelming.

So, I went to the office to say hi to the office folks for a few moments. But, I couldn't stay there forever, and this willies weren't leaving, so I had to get back to work.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

One step at a time, a lunch break and a trip to Wal-Mart, turned into this:


Shocking. It actually looks like a classroom again. I made sure that there was enough room for me to wheel around the perimeter of the room (hopefully they won't pile more desks in there), and I practiced getting myself in and out of my director's chair with one leg. :) 

It looks much the same as it did last year, with a few additions:

 New family photos

 A collage poster of some Romania pictures--not sure if I'll keep it there or move it. Thoughts?

 More fam pictures

 The big flip-flop is now in front--as is our Kevin McCarthy picture (the kids really should know who he is)

 Earl Warren (purchased at the Supreme Court)

Abe's rules of conduct--they work for me!


There is still quite a bit of work to do, but I feel good with my start. Amy is going to come help me tomorrow, and I know we'll get a ton done. I'll keep you posted. :)


No comments: