* Sometimes I find it difficult to hold it together when my kids say the darnedest things. For example....
ME: What's the base word of condensation?
KID: Condom? (not trying to be a smart alec)
ME: (couldn't keep a straight face--oops)
* My students can be quite clever. For example...
KID: What are you doing for your birthday, Ms. Erickson?
ME: Going to the zoo!
KID: Why? You have one right here!
* Kids eat up rewards (literally). I've been handing out hugs and kisses (of the Hershey's variety) for high scores, good tests scores, good behavior, etc. and they are loving it!
* I'm remembering how much I HATE being cold. It also doesn't help that I HATE wearing shoes! I was shocked today when I had to walk out of my warm cocoon of a classroom out into the elements.
* I am a complete SUCKER for tradition. I could venture to say that I'm obsessed with it. I love love love it. I am so grateful for my family who also loves tradition--from Thanksgiving dinner to Black Friday shopping to this lovely one...
Watching Elf and eating pizza with family and friends the day after Thanksgiving.
* I love kids. I especially adore my cousins. But, as much as I can't wait to have my own one day, I do enjoy the quiet every now and then. :)
* God has been showing me lately how to be thankful for my singleness during this time in my life: the quiet like I just mentioned, the freedom to travel, the ability to shop when I want, independence, time to work out when I want, more time to read and study and serve (I'd like to focus on those last three a bit more), etc.
* I don't want to waste this time I have in the Land Between (good book, check it out).
* I am currently really into elephants and helicopters. In fact, I told my family that all I wanted for my birthday was an elephant and a helicopter. I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling that that's not going to happen... I guess I'll settle for seeing the elephants at the zoo. As for the helicopter? Perhaps that'll have to wait a few more years.
Anyone know any pilots? ;)