Monday, September 19, 2011

The Land Between

If you've read my blog for any amount of time, or if you know me at all, you'll know that I find myself in an interesting place in life--a land between (or a chapter unknown as written about here).

I know I'm not the only one in this place, so I'd like to share a bit of encouragement with those in difficult or trying transitions in life.

First off, Hillsong's "Desert Song" has some incredible truths and has been a huge encouragement to me. Here's the video (complete with lyrics).


I've heard this song a number of times--it's one that has often woken me up in the morning--but we sang it again at church last Sunday and I can't stop repeating this line to myself:

All of my life
In every season
You are still God 
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

I knew that I needed to be reminded of this truth many times a day, so I put it in a frame and cleared a place for it on my desk:


Secondly, someone whom I deeply care for and respect recommended this book:


I just got it in the mail today, so I obviously haven't read it yet, but I can't wait to dive into it. The back reads, "FEAR OF AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE. UNEMPLOYMENT. FORECLOSURE. ILLNESS. FAMILY CRISIS. Welcome to the land between: where life is not as it once was, where the future is in question."

I'll keep you all posted on what I learn. For those who are interested, check it out here on Amazon. 

God is sovereign. He has a plan and His timing is perfect; however, it's not always easy. I hope this brings a bit of encouragement to you as it has for me. 

No comments: