Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Good Slappin'

Sometimes we need a good slap up the side of the head. 

Unfortunately, I don't have my brother close by to offer that service anymore, so I have to get my slappin's from other places.

Today (as it often does) that came in the form of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

Being the stubborn/busy/distracted/fill-in-the-blank person that I am, I didn't pick up the devotional today until I was about to leave work.

Here is what I read:



Amazing how it always seems to fit perfectly....


I can't tell you how many times I've complained or grumbled to other people--especially before going to God with something. We are sinful and selfish people, and our first reaction is often to grumble or whine or complain. And what good does that really do us? None other than strangle us with self-pity, anger, rage. Hmm...no thanks. 


It's not easy. 

We forget. 

We falter. 


But, God gets it, and He always welcomes us back. He loves us unconditionally. He offers us an out (if you will)--Him! As we run to Him and pour our hearts out to Him, He will fill us with His perspective, thoughts, song, and love. 



For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.
-Jeremiah 31:25


Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world...
-Philippians 2:14-15

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Jesus Calling is like the Christian horoscope, isn't it? :)