Monday, December 26, 2011

What's YOUR Love Language?

Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a while--December is a crazy month of birthdays, trips, school, Christmas, packing, etc. etc. etc. 


Because my birthday and Christmas fall in the same month, it's often a time that I am showered with gifts (rough, huh?). This can either leave me feeling overwhelmingly loved or slightly unnerved (not sure if that's the right word, but we'll go with it for now). 


Receiving gifts has always left me with these two very drastic emotions, and I never really understand why until recently. Receiving gifts is my love language. 


When I learned this, I struggled with it for quite some time. Admitting it made me feel materialistic or shallow; however, that's not at all how God created me to be. I began to understand my heart and my love language more when I read The Five Love Languages and took the quiz. Here are my results:



Receiving Gifts
Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous—so would the absence of everyday gestures.

Thanks Gary Chapman for summing up a huge piece of my heart into one paragraph. This is why I absolutely love giving gifts. This is why I pour my heart into the gifts I give--because that's how I show my love and thoughtfulness. 

Of course, this isn't the only way I receive love (and it's not the only way that I give love), but it's definitely at the top. 



I'd love to know what your love language is. How can I love you more completely? Take the quiz HERE and let me know what your results are! 

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: