Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Craftiness Strikes Again!

I've seen this idea on Pinterest a time or two, but I decided to take it and run with it. I absolutely love giving gifts, and I wanted to make something special for my cousin for her birthday, so I was quite excited to tackle this particular project.

Take a look!

Step 1: Find an awesome picture at Goodwill or another thrift store (preferably one with a neat frame). This one is a canvas.

Step 2: Tape off the frame to prevent paint from bleeding onto it.


Step 3: Get some good adhesive letters of the appropriate size to match your picture and saying.


Step 4: Cut closely around the letters and set them (don't stick them yet!) on the picture to get an idea of correct placement.


Step 5: Peel the back off of the letters and attach them (well!) to the picture.


Step 6: Paint over the entire picture with your desired color (sorry, I didn't take a picture of that step!).

Step 7: Let it dry (just enough!) to the touch (you don't want your letters on there longer than necessary).

Step 8: Peel off the letters!





I LOVE how it turned out! What do you think?? 

No comments: