Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wonderful Wacky Wednesday

This morning began with worship and more lessons on Jonah. We were reminded today that in God's mercy, His sovereign plan will go forth regardless of how we try to screw it up (see Jonah 1).

After our morning meeting, I went with Gianni to pick up the little girls from the Home of Hope. So special! They were beyond excited to come to the office.

Back at the office, Florina did an amazing job sharing the gospel through the colored books (that I've written about previously). The girls were eager to recite their colors in English. They knew them so well! We helped the girls cut out their own books and sang a few songs with them. While the girls went outside to play, we went upstairs to unpack the tubs and get some of the clothes ready for the girls.

We packed each duffle bag with shoes, belts, socks, undies, jeans, leggings, t-shirts, and the special scarves, hats, and ponchos that Jess made them. Even with all the bags packed, we couldn't even begin to make a dent in all we brought. God provided through all of you in more ways than we could ever imagine.

We took the bags downstairs and separated the girls onto the couches. They were overwhelmed and overjoyed as they began to open their duffle bags and pull out all of their new clothes. They couldn't WAIT to try on their new shoes! We were able to get some sweet pictures (I'd love to show them to you in person)!

We put each of the girls in a new outfit to take their picture outside. Although they were a bit overwhelmed and tired at this point, they cooperated well. We then decided to pile ALL of what we brought in the living room and pile the girls on top for another cute picture. One of the girls tried to rip open the package of Disney sheets. She was so excited!

Only one meltdown later, we sat down to eat lunch and play outside a bit. I got to go with Gianni to take the girls home when it was time for their nap. I'm pretty sure they slept well because even I was worn out!

After leaving the little ones, we journeyed over to the rehab center that I've spent quite a bit of time in. Note: Rehab just means a holding place for children with disabilities. As soon as we entered, a sweet little boy named Alex (who my good friend Neal fell in love with a couple of years ago) immediately came to my mind. In fact, I told Brian about him...and what do you know? The very next room I walked into held dear little Alex (who is not so little anymore). The sight simultaneously warmed my heart and ripped it to shreds. I sat on his bed, rubbing his back and praying for him as he rocked and bounced up and down, but I could do nothing else. How difficult it is to walk away knowing there's not much else that can be done.

After our short visit at Rehab, we traveled around the city looking at possible property locations for a new ministry center. Please be praying God's will over this as many difficult and important decisions will have to me made in the near future.

A bit of rest and some in depth discussions ensued later in the afternoon as waited to go to dinner. I was quite excited to head to Old Town, but I was exhausted!

Fortunately my second wind hit as we headed out to the metro (public transportation is quite the experience, and I love it!). We wandered through Old Town and enjoyed the sights (amazing!) on our way to the City Grill. Guess what I ate? Mici, of course, my favorite. And for dessert? Only the best--Papanas! Yuuum (see the pictures on my social media!). We really enjoyed hanging out together with some of the staff and Delia (Bogdan's wife). After dinner, we wandered around through town a bit before heading home.

It was quite the day. I enjoyed all of it so much. I can't believe it'll be over so soon.

Thanks for praying! God is definitely working!!

Keep praying for the following:

* the VAN
* possible ministry locations
* sleep, strength, and health
* unity
* discernment and obedience

Multumim pentru toate! (Thanks for everything--although I probably didn't spell that correctly!).


No comments: