Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Gettin' My Walk On!

Did you catch what I threw in at the end of the last post?? I'm doing a 5k!! ....and by "doing" I, of course, mean walking, but hey! you have to start somewhere, right??

Last week sometime I looked up the USC Pain Center, (because I had to call my doctor) and I noticed an advertisement for the Quench the Fire Run 5K/10K Run--Walk--Roll. Never before that moment had I even CONSIDERED participating in any sort of "run," but I clicked on the ad and checked it out.

The more I read about it, the more excited I got.  A 5k to support CRPS/RSD?!? Who would have thought!? I read more about it. I looked at pictures. I thought back through my journey and forward to what may come.



As I looked through the pictures, I was reminded that I CAN walk a 5k. God has brought me to a place where I am able to do that--unlike so many others. It may not be as easy as it was a year and a half ago, but I CAN do it. So, I'll walk for those who can't. I'll walk for those who are so crippled by CRPS that they aren't able to function day to day. I'll walk to CRUSH CRPS. 

Speaking of crushing CRPS, that's our team name--CRPS CRUSHERS! Want to join?!?!

The race is December 8th down in Van Nuys. You can be a "virtual runnner" (like Mama), or walk/run/roll in a mile fun run, 5K, or 10K. 

Read more about CRPS/RSD and The Quench the Fire Run HERE! If you're interested in joining us, let me know or simply sign up on the website and select CRPS CRUSHERS as your team! 

I can't WAIT! 

No comments: