Thursday, June 14, 2012

What Now?

Buna!


Please take a moment to read through this post that our team leader, Victor (who grew up in a Romanian orphanage) wrote as we were flying home on Tuesday): 


Dear friends! As I write this little note, the USA Team is in the air above the Atlantic, flying back to their homes. We sent them back with our prayers, and I would greatly appreciate if you keep them in your prayers. 

This team has been a blessing to myself and a privilege to lead it. We had a great time together, as we partnered with our Romanian brothers and sisters in Christ, by reaching out the love of Christ to the "least of these", the orphans of Romania.

To understand the whole picture of what we have done in Romania, I will encourage you to meditate on this bible passage: "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me'. Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The the King will reply, 'I tell you, the truth, WHATEVER YOU DID FOR ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE BROTHERS OF MINE, YOU DID FOR ME". -- Matthew 25:35-40 --

This passage has been our focus as a team to reach out throughout the orphanages. In one orphanage ("Rehab" center), we were able to feed, give water and clothe them. With the orphans from "Sfanta Ana, we looked after one of them that got injured playing soccer with us, as well welcomed the rest of them in our hearts. With the other orphanages from "Chitila", "Tei" - day care center, #6 apartments & #7 apartments (mini orphanages), as well as the kids from the CTL Counseling Center, we were able to build relationships and became life friends.

From the pictures that we updated you with, you may say that the trip went great and did great things, indeed it was. But our hearts are so BROKEN and we are OVERWHELMED by the living conditions those orphans live in and the DARKNESS and HOPELESS that is found in their lives. If you have never been to Romania, you may never understand this whole trip of brokenness, darkness and hopeless until you are stepping out of your comfort zone and come to Romania! So, think about it and see what is God talking to you to do in the future. Maybe to PRAY for CTL in Romania, SUPPORT financially this ministry, or even GO to Romania! Let's together pray for God's direction as we further His kingdom with the "least of these".

Thank you so much for your prayers over this trip. We appreciate this so much! May the Lord bless you as you are a blessing to others.



If you have not seen any pictures or video from the trip, I will gladly share them with you. Those, combined with these words and the words I have already shared, should have moved you in some way. I want you to ask yourself, what now?  If God has touched your heart at all with the plight of these orphans, please don't ignore it....


Is He encouraging you to pray? Then please pray!


Is He moving you to give financially so that this ministry (CTL) can continue to offer some hope to the least of these? Then please give!


Is He calling you to go? Then please don't ignore that call and go!


What now?


I am continuing to pray about that same question for my life. God has an incredible plan in place in Romania, and I pray that He will bless us all by allowing us to be a part of it. 


I would love to share more of my heart for Romania with you in person, for there is so much that I cannot put into words on here. Please let me know if you'd be interested. 




(For more information about CTL's ministry, please visit their website http://childrentolove.org/.)

No comments: