Wednesday, August 17, 2011

For I Know the Plans I Have for You...

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

-Jeremiah 29:11

I know God's promises are true. I trust in His sovereignty and plans, but this particular promise has been a balm to my soul this week. If you have been reading the blog in the last month or so, you know how hard this school move has been on me. If not, you can catch up here. The range of emotions I have experienced this past month has been vast--fear, anxiety, sadness, longing, hope, excitement, contentment, joy, peace. 

This past week, the last five emotions have been dominant. If someone would have told me that would be the case just a week ago, I wouldn't have believed them. But, God knows the plans he has for me, plans for welfare and not for evil, plans to give me a future and a hope. 

Right now, my immediate future is at Warren, and it is good

I have been immensely blessed this week with people who have come alongside me, helped me, guided me, reached out to me, and laughed with me. God has surrounded me with some amazing Christian women who love junior highers just as much as I do. What more could I ask for? 

I absolutely adored my time at Thompson, and I know God had me there for a time and a reason. I still miss it. I made some friends there that I will be friends with for as long as they'll have me. 

But now, He has me at Warren, and I am content--no longer sad and fearful. I have already developed some friendships that I can tell will be long lasting. I have an administration that I deeply trust and respect. I have the greatest librarian in the whole entire wide universe and beyond. And, I have kids coming next week that I already love. 

I have a hope that'll God will do amazing things this year. I'll be sure to keep you updated. My first "official" day is tomorrow. Adios, summer! 

For now, some more recent classroom photos (hope you're not sick of them):

 Gateways posters


 AWESOME quote! I even put it up by myself!


 I put the "Dare to be Remarkable" quote on the board


 Organization! I labeled everything today. 


 Backpack area--no where near their desks!


 Tardy sign in and make up work


 This was the "practice" decal that came with the quotes. It looked cool, so I put it on the door!


 Painters tape to keep the desks in place. And for you pessimists out there, I moved the desks over a bit so the kids can get in and out a bit more easily.


Heck yes!




No comments: